See better: more light entering the eye provides clearer vision, reducing the ocular stress and unnecessary strain exerted on the eyes.
Look better: the blue reflective coatings are more transparent and enable the wearer to view more naturally with less perceived reflections on the lenses.
The DuraVision® Premium Coatings are available in two quality levels.
- DuraVision Platinum UV
- DuraVision Chrome UV
Solutions to support specific viewing needs. Some viewing tasks such as driving at night, dawn or dusk as well as in challenging weather conditions, require specific coating solutions that are not possible with a traditional AR coating. Coatings blocking specific wavelengths can reduce the overall visual stress perceived by spectacle wearers.
Pair large text with an image to tell a All tinted lenses with DuraVision® Mirror UV by ZEISS and DuraVision® Flash UV by ZEISS come with an anti-reflective coating on the back surface, eliminating distracting reflections for uncompromised visual clarity and comfortable viewing, all in a fashionable lens solution.
- DuraVision®Sun UV
- UVDuraVision®Flash UV
Leading-edge technology like DuraVision® anti-reflection coatings complement
our outstanding ZEISS lenses, offering protection, clarity, easy care and
- DuraVision® Platinum UV - Highest clarity, toughness and long-lasting cleanability.
- DuraVision® Sliver UV – High clarity, scratch resistance and
long- lasting cleanability.
- DuraVision® Chrome – Traditional green anti-reflex coating combined
with long-lasting cleanability.
- Offer your patients true protection, by reducing the indirect UV light reflected into their eyes
- ZEISS does not only address the direct light protection up to 400 nm with the UVProtect Technology, but also considers the indirect light incident upon the back surface.
- Back surface UV protection is integrated as a standard feature into all premium ZEISS DuraVision Coatings and Chrome UV coating.
DuraVision® Platinum UV and DuraVision® Sliver UV Premium Coatings have a
light bluish residual reflection for:
- Higher luminous transmittance for even cleaner vision.
- Reduction in distracting reflections on the back surface by 20% for more
comfortable viewing experience.
- Reduces reflections on the front surface by 20% for a more appealing
- Increased light transmittance by lens, resulting in even better vision
The multiple layers of The multiple layers of DuraVision® coating ensure a more
durable and tougher lens, courtesy of the superior hardness it offers.
ZEISS lenses with DuraVision® Platinum UV anti-relective
Coating consist of layers that are densely packed using ion-assisted deposition.
This results in a lens surface that is 3x harder than the previous
generation of AR coated plastic ZEISS lenses 1 and 23% harder than AR coated
glasses ZEISS lenses2.
ZEISS DuraVision® Platinum UV Lenses have an exceptionally
high Bayer ratio of >10*, it guarantees the hardest ZEISS lenses. coating ensure a more durable and tougher lens, courtesy of the superior hardness it offers.
- ZEISS lenses with DuraVision® Platinum UV anti-relective Coating consist of layers that are densely packed using ion-assisted deposition.
- This results in a lens surface that is 3x harder than the previous generation of AR coated plastic ZEISS lenses 1 and 23% harder than AR coatedglasses ZEISS lenses2.
- ZEISS DuraVision® Platinum UV Lenses have an exceptionally high Bayer ratio of >10*, it guarantees the hardest ZEISS lenses.
- Our super hydrophobic coating repels oils and water for an easy cleaning experience.
- The super-slick clean coat makes lenses very easy to clean. Lenses with high contact angles repel oil and water more effectively.
- ZEISS lenses with DuraVision® AR Coating have a contact angle of a minimum of 110° (lenses without super-slick clean coat: 95°)
- The patented* anti-static layer prevents the build-up of static electricity.
- As dust and lint are not attracted to the lens surface, lenses tay cleaner for longer.
"Glare" is the term used to describe the difficulty of seeing in bright light such as direct sunlight or artificial light. Especially when driving at night, in rain, mist or dusk, the high light intensity from car headlights may irritate our eyes. Glare may pose a risk, as it reduces the visibility of objects and the eye's sensitivity to contrast.
DuraVision® DriveSafe UV Coating is specifically designed to meet the vision needs of people who want to feel safer and more comfortable when driving with their everyday lenses.
- Market research and scientific evidence both indicate that perceived glare in traffic is linked in particular to LED and Xenon HID light sources as used in modern car lighting technology.
- DuraVision® DriveSafe UV Coating by ZEISS partially reflects the high energy wavelengths, blue rays, responsible for glare and therefore reducing the perceived glare up to 64% compared to premium ZEISS coatings.
Only available on ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses.
- DuraVision® Sun UV - Back anti-reflective coating used in combination with tinted lenses.
- DuraVision® Mirror UV - Front surface coating with high residual reflection.
- DuraVision® Flash UV - Front surface coating with low residual reflection.
*Additional products from the DuraVision family like DuraVision Platinum UV can be applied to tinted lenses as well.
- Maximum backward reflectance: 0.7%
- Blueish residual colour
- A front-surface coating available in eight differe nt mirror colours.
- All tinted lenses with ZEISS DuraVision Mirror UV come standard back-coated with an anti-reflective layer for uncompromised clarity, durability and easy care.
"Refer to the ZEISS Tinted Lens Colour Book to ensure the compatibility of mirrors with lens tints.
*All images and text belong to Zeiss*